In the Hebrew mind, the feasts and festivals were above all appointments to honor and celebrate God. He set appointments in the busy regimen of His people’s lives — appointments they would be expected to keep. These special feasts would be a bit like our holidays. They were “holy days” set aside for personal refreshment and restoration through spiritual focus on the person and purpose of God.
- The Passover & Unleavened Bread: Exodus 12
- First Fruits & Feast of Weeks: Leviticus 23:10-11
- Trumpets & Atonement: Leviticus 23:23-25
- Tabernacles & Sacred Assemblies: Leviticus 23:33-43
- The Year of Jubilee: Leviticus 25:8-9