Passing the Torch
As the first generation of Christ’s followers was passing on, they felt a need to put in writing their life-changing experiences of faith in Jesus Christ for those who followed them. Nowhere is the passing of the faith more clearly described than in 2 Timothy, a very personal letter, written at the end of Paul’s life to his “beloved son in the faith.” A study of 2 Timothy can be helpful both for older generations (those who need to pass the torch) and for younger generations (those who need to receive it).
- Passing the Torch: 2 Timothy 1:1-7
- Believing is Difficult: 2 Timothy 1:8-18
- Spiritual Disciplines for Passing it On: 2 Timothy 2:1-13
- Learning to Handle the Scriptures: 2 Timothy 2:14-26
- Scripture Marathon: 2 Timothy 3:1-17
- Living in Light of the End: 2 Timothy 4:1-22